WHAT IS DESIGN THINKING?
Design Thinking is a customer-centric innovation approach which is split up into multiple phases / sprints. The current, mostly digital, challenges can be structurally resolved with Design Thinking.
The fundamental components of design thinking are
- the interdisciplinary team who are to solve the challenges
- the design thinking process which provides the necessary structure
- the space, which should promote creativity
The objective of the Design Thinking approach is to develop products and services which offer the customers / end-users an advantage, and take into consideration their needs and wishes, too.
Design Thinking calls for a constant exchange with the customers, including them in the process through observation, surveying and co-creation.
A complete cycle usually only takes 6-12 weeks and encompasses six phases (sprints):
- Understanding of the current situation and the topic is narrowed down
- Observationof the users and empathy-building
- Learnings are compiled and the topic is once again narrowed down
- Ideas are developed and focussed
- Based on the ideas prototypes are developed, which serve the interaction with the customers
- The prototypes are tested with the respective target groups in multiple iterations and optimised